Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 Elite Team: Caitlin Morris

Caitlin Heider Morris
Age: 26
Madison, AL



Brief Biography
My name is Caitlin Morris. I am a 1st grade teacher at Legacy Elementary School. At Legacy I am the cosponsor of our school's running club. I am also the co-race director of our school's 5k. I have been running since 1999, when I entered high school. I ran track and cross country throughout highschool. After I graduated I continued my running career at the University of Alabama Huntsville. I ran cross county, indoor, and outdoor track while in college. I continue to run on a regular basic it is my passion and something that I love to do. I was recently married in October 2010. I also have a beautiful dog named Ladybird!

Short Term Goals
My goal for the 2011 year is to improve. I hope to regain my confidence, stay injury free and race more regularly. I also hope to participate in a few triathalons this year as well.

Long Term Goals
I want to continue to improve. I would love to run a PR in the 10k or 1/2 marathon this year. Ultimately, I want to have a more positive attitude, regain confidence and become a stronger competitor.

Personal Records

  • 800m at Auburn Cross Country Meet 2:29
  • 5 km at Auburn Cross Country Meet 17:17
  • 10 km at Sea Rays Invitational 36:53
  • 13.1 Mi at Huntsville Half Marathon 1:20:00
  • 26.2 Mi at Rocket City Marathon 2:53:00
Recent Race Results

  • Run The Reagan 10 km 38:20 1st OA F
  • Halloween Spooktacular 5 km 18:20 2nd OA