Friday, May 1, 2009

2009 Team: Ashley Cain

Ashley Cain Email: None Personal Records: * 41:30 10K at Cotton Row 1994 * 18:12 5K on the track at Texas Relays 1995 * 18:36 5k Cross Country 1994 * 2:23 in 800m Brief Bio: I was born in Laurel, MS where I was introduced to running in Jr. High. I ran the 800 meters my senior year and won the state championship in the 4A Division. This was when I really started to love running. I received a running scholarship to Mississippi State University and graduated with a degree in Child Life. I married my husband David in August of 1995, and we now have three children. My whole family has a love for running. My husband, David Cain, is the UAH Cross Country and Track Coach. Short and Long Term Goals: My short term goal for running is to get into better shape and feel like a real runner again. Long term goals are to break all of my records. Some will be easier than others. Community Involvement: My family and I are members of the Huntsville Track Club. My husband David and I are directors of the Huntsville Twilight 5k held in July on the campus of UAH. I am VP of Programs for the Huntsville Track Club. I help with my family at several of the other HTC events handing out water or stuffing packets. I attend Willowbrook Baptist Church, and I am the director of the Great Expectations Ministry. I am also a leader for Cub Scouts-Wolves in pack 304 that meets at Monte Sano Methodist Church. I help my husband with fundraising for the UAH Cross Country and Track Teams, and I help with the Fleet Feet Sports/Earl Jacoby Memorial Cross Country Meet and Open 5k in September.