Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Fleet Feet Racing: Brad Schroeder

Name: Brad Schroeder
Date of Birth: April 18, 1984
City: Owens Crossroads, Alabama



Brief Biography

I was born and raised on a farm in Shelby Ohio with a large family of four brothers and one sister. My running career started my sophomore year of high school and took me to Ohio Northern University where I competed in Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track while getting my Mechanical Engineering Degree. I then got my MBA from Texas A&M while taking some time off running. My career then took me to Huntsville, AL with my wife, Elizabeth, where I am working at Redstone Arsenal. The running community is just fantastic here in Huntsville. I am excited to be part of this community which has motivated me to get fit and have fun. I am looking forward to trying some new races and discover what the future holds.

Short Term Goals

  • Run a sub-16:00 5k
  • Run a larger variety of races
  • Volunteer as often as possible this year!

Long Term Goals

Get and stay as healthy as possible so I can run as hard and as long as I want (aka, build a good thick running base)!

Personal Records

  • 1 Mile at Ohio Athletic Conference Meet at Marietta on 04/2006 Time 4:18 - 4th Over All
  • 5km at North Central (IL) Gregory Invitational on 05/2006 Time 14:46
  • 5 Mile at NCAA Regional's at Wilmington on 10/2005 Time 24:50 - 7th Over All
  • 10km at All-Ohio Championships at Ohio Wesley University on 03/2004 Time 32:42 - 3rd Over All
  • 15km at Fleet Feet Monte Sano 15k Road Race on 10/2008 Time 51:48  - 1st Over All
  • 10 Mile at Army 10 Miler in Washington DC on 10/2011 Time 54:57
  • Half Marathon at Huntsville Half Marathon on 11/2011 Time 1:14:54  - 4th Over All
  • Marathon at 35th Annual Rocket City Marathon on 12/2011 Time 2:47:25  - 14th Over All
  • 50km at THE MOUNTAIN MIST 50KM TRAIL RUN on 01/2012 Time 4:14:15  - 3rd Over All

Goal Races

  • McKay Hollow Madness 25K Trail Run, 03/2012
  • Mercedes-Benz Cotton Row Run, 10k, 05/2012
  • Alabama A&M 10K Road Race, 06/2012
  • HTC Twilight Men's & Women's 5K Runs, 07/2012

A fun fact others might not know

One thing people might not know about me is that I enjoy wood working. It keeps my mind busy and my body calm.

How have you been an ambassador to the sport of running?

I am a very positive and hard working individual who is always willing to take the time to talk and help fellow runners. I really enjoy the atmosphere of running and racing and would do my best to help other people enjoy this wonderful sport. I volunteer at as many races as I am available for. I help motivate co-workers from my office to get involved in the sport of running by giving them guidance, pointers and even run with them when I get the chance. There are many positives to running and I try to get those who are on the edge to see the benefits and get involved.