Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Fleet Feet Racing: Lynn Curry

Name: Lynn Curry
Date of Birth: September 25, 1975
City: Owens Crossroads, Alabama



Brief Biography

I grew up in New Hampshire and have been running all of my life. I ran Division 1 cross-country and track in college, then took a few years off to travel and to have children. I have lived in Huntsville for 5 years now. I am a registered nurse and work for a local physician. My husband Nate and I have been blessed with 3 beautiful children; Conor (8), Chloe (6), and Quinn (15 months).

Short Term Goals

This is the first year back to training since before having children. I am hoping to run my first marathon since 2000 and qualify for Boston. I am also hoping to PR in the half and complete my first ultra race, the Delano as part of a team and hopefully remain injury free and strong!

Long Term Goals

I am wanting to eventually help coach others to achieve the goals by coaching one of the local training groups. Next January, I would like to complete my first ever Mountain Mist 50K.

Personal Records
  • 5km at Schoolhouse 5k on 40817 Time 20:11 - 2nd female OA
  • 5 Mile at Spirit of America 5 mile on 40719 Time 37:55 - 1st Female OA
  • 10km at Mercedes Benz Cotton Row on 5/30/11 Time 44:47 - 1st in Age Group
  • Half Marathon at Auburn Classic 1/2 on 1/22/12 Time 1:38 - 4th female OA

Goal Races
  • Nashville 1/2 Marathon April 2012
  • Delano 12-hour, March 2012
  • Marine Corps Marathon , Ooctober 2012
  • Boston Marathon, April 2013

A fun fact others might not know

My goal is to hike the Appalachian Trail

How have you been an ambassador to the sport of running?

I have enjoyed volunteering at the local races; handing out water and cheering runners on. I love conversing with other runners in our community. We are incredibly fortunate to have Fleet Feet. Dink and Suzanne Taylor are tireless in their promotion of running and make it accessible to everyone. I try to encourage anyone who wants to try running, regardless of ability.