Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Fleet Feet Racing: Lisa Rawlings

Name: Lisa Rawlings
Date of Birth: October 2, 1975
City: Decatur, Alabama



Brief Biography

I was born and raised in a very large family in Western New York, on the shores of Lake Erie. Although I ran track in high school, I did not really acquire a true love for the sport until I was in my early twenties. After receiving my Bachelor's Degree at SUNY Buffalo, I attended graduate school at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York. While at Fordham, my love for running flourished, as I was able to take advantage of regular runs in the most beautiful park in the world--Central Park!! I ran my first full marathon in New York City in 1998. In 2003, I met my husband, left my life in New York City behind, packed my belongings, and re-located to Huntsville, Alabama. I have been a Catholic school teacher for the past twelve years and currently teach at Pope John Paul II Catholic High School in Huntsville.

Short Term Goals
  • Achieve new PRs in the 5k and 10k
  • Run three full marathons
  • Compete in more triathlons

Long Term Goals
  • Run my very first ultra-marathon
  • Run a marathon in all 50 states
  • Complete a full Ironman

Personal Records
  • 5km at Liz Hurley Ribbon Run on 10/2010 Time 20:51 - Huntsville, AL
  • 10km at 3M River City Run on 04/2010 Time 44:56 - Decatur, AL
  • Half Marathon at Huntsville Half Marathon on 11/2010 Time 1:41:04  - Huntsville, AL
  • Marathon at Boston Marathon on 04/2011 Time 3:36:11  - Boston, MA

A fun fact others might not know

I love radio contests and won an all-expense paid trip to Hollywood to see Phil Collins in concert in 2007.

How have you been an ambassador to the sport of running?

Besides my Faith, running is the number one passion in my life. I work part-time at Fleet Feet Sports and enjoy encouraging new runners as they embrace the sport and use a fit lifestyle to change their lives for the better. Additionally, I have been on the coaching team of Fleet Feet's marathon training group for the pas three cycles. I also make the effort to volunteer at local races as often as possible.