Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Fleet Feet Racing: Caitlin Morris

Name: Caitlin Morris
Date of Birth: February 9, 1985
City: Madison, Alabama



Brief Biography

I have loved running since I finished my first 5k, 14 years ago. I ran throughout high school and college at UAH. After my collegiate career I have continued to keep running a key part of my lifestyle. Besides running, I am currently a Kindergarten teacher at Legacy Elementary school. I have been married just over a year to my husband, Travis Morris. We also have the world's greatest and cutest chocolate lab named Ladybird.

Short Term Goals

Some one once told me, "If it isn't fun then it isn't worth doing." I try to keep that advice in mind when setting any goals for myself. I hope to run in several races this year including several Triathlons. My goals are to compete well, work hard and have fun!!

Long Term Goals

I hope to stay healthy and stay competitive.

Personal Records
  • 5km at Auburn Invitational on October 2007 Time 17:17
  • 10km at Sea Rays Invitational on April 2008 Time 36:54
  • 15km at Monte Sano 15k on October 2008 Time 58:19
  • 10 Mile at Mooresville 10 miler on March 2011 Time 1:03:30
  • Half Marathon at Huntsville Marathon on March 2008 Time 1:20
  • Marathon at Rocket City on December 2008 Time 2:53

Goal Races
  • Chattanooga Waterfront Tri
  • Peachtree 10k
  • Frantic Frog Triathlon
  • Rocketman Triathlon

A fun fact others might not know

I am obsessed with my dog. (Not sure thats a big secret though)

How have you been an ambassador to the sport of running?

As a teacher it is a passion of mine to share running with my students. I have started a running club at my elementary school. This club is open to students in 3rd through 5th grade. It is designed to teach our students about the sport of running and to help set forth a healthy lifestyle. We teach our students that running is a fun and healthy activity. It is not just a punishment placed upon them by coaches of other sports. We teach our students the fundamentals of running and encourage them to participate in our school's 5k and in other local running events. Through this club I feel we teach students about the sport and help them realize it's benefits and opportunities.