Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gear Review: Swiftwick Women's Vibe Compression Sock by Lynn Curry

Product: Swiftwick Women's Vibe One Compression Sock

Pricing: $12.99 per pair, available online at Swiftwick.com or locally at Fleet Feet Sports Huntsville

I have owned a plethora of running socks over the years and none have been worthy of review until I bought a pair of Swiftwick at Fleet Feet on a whim the day before setting out to run 15 miles of trails. After splashing through mud and running in the rain, I came home and my feet were completely dry- the sock was damp- but only to the touch and completely odor-free! Since that day I have purchased 4 pair. I wear them everywhere- to work, running, even around the house. I found myself thinking of who I could gift these to. You not only can choose the ankle height, but also the weight and cushioning. Swiftwick has revolutionized the customized sock for all sports. The website is interactive; allowing you to narrow search by sport, gender, type, performance, and sock height to name a few. It also has reviews based on compression, wicking, breathability, footbed thickness, and durability.My other running socks have paled in comparison to my Swiftwick. They have torn, shrunk, and stretched. I will continue to add Swiftwick to my stock. While my friends and family may not admit it at first, a gift of these socks will bring them back for more.

Lynn grew up in New Hampshire and ran at the division 1 level in college for both cross  country and track.  She moved to Huntsville five years ago and has been contributing to the Fleet Feet Racing Team both with her volunteerism and fast times.  Her team biography can be found here.