Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 Fleet Feet Racing: Jill Koch

Name: Jillian Koch
Date of Birth: May 27, 1988
City: Madison, Alabama



Brief Biography

I am from Fort Payne, Alabama where I started my running career in middle school and then high school. I wanted to continue pursuing running at a collegiate level so I joined the University of Alabama in Huntsville's cross country and track teams. I was a part of the team for five years while earning a Bachelor's degree in marketing and working toward earning my M.B.A. Once i completed my eligibility, I started working at Fleet Feet and went into marathon training. I have now raced the New York City Marathon and the Huntsville City marathon.

Short Term Goals

My short term goals for this season is to continue running 5k's under 20:00 and racing more longer distances such as the half marathon and marathon. I hope to continue getting faster and breaking my marathon time.

Long Term Goals

My longer term goals is to keep running half marathons and marathons, and work toward setting some personal records.

Personal Records
  • 1500 meter at Ole Miss inv on 4/9/2011 Time 4:59
  • 2 Mile at Alabama A&M track meet on 3/5/2011 Time 11:10 - 3k
  • 3km at Bulldog Meet (Miss State) on 4/1/11 Time 18:18 - A track meet at Miss. State
  • Marathon at Huntsville City Marathon on 12/11/11 Time 3:22 - Huntsville, AL

Goal Races
  • I do not know which races I plan to participate in yet. I would like to do several 5ks under 20 min and mixing in some half marathons and full marathons.

A fun fact others might not know

I have a huge sweet tooth. I am not a fan of chocolate but love any kind of gummy candy. I am borderline addicted to it.

How have you been an ambassador to the sport of running?

After completing my eligibility at U.A. Huntsville, I started to work at Fleet Feet. This job has given me the opportunity to share my experiences and passion for running and encourage customers to start. I have enjoyed being a representative for running and Fleet Feet inside of the store, now I look forward to continue representing while participating on Fleet Feet's racing team.