Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Team: Greg Reynolds

Greg Reynolds
gregory.reynolds@gmail.com



Brief Biography

I grew up swimming from age 5 through college at a D2 school. I began running about 9 years ago to compete in triathlons. I just recently started running more seriously about a year ago and have seen a great deal of improvement in my best times at all distances. I enjoy the socialization that comes with running that I never had swimming. My best time drop so far over the past year is my 10K from a high 39 to breaking 36. My triathlon races have also seen a great deal of improvement as I placed 2nd twice and 3rd once at local events last year and well as qualifying for USAT nationals. I still think I have more time to drop at every race distance and I am going to start trying more trail races.

Short Term Goals

I would like to improve my running abilities at every distance. I have only been running seriously for a relatively short time so I still feel I have more potential at each distance.

Long Term Goals

My long term goals are to continue to improve my speed and indurance. I have found that I have a major weakness in downhill trail running that I'd like to improve to compete at the 50K distance.

Personal Records
  • 800m - 2:26:00 at Huntsville High Track on 03/10/09 at age 26
  • 1 Mi - 5:21:00 at Huntsville High Track on 03/24/09 at age 26
  • 5 km - 17:43:00 at Running of the Bulls on 08/29/09 at age 27
  • 4 Mi - 23:21:00 at Winter Winds on 02/15/09 at age 26
  • 10 km - 35:59:00 at River City on 04/11/09 at age 26
  • 13.1 Mi - 1:22:33 at Memphis Track Club Road Series on 11/08/09 at age 27
  • 26.2 Mi - 3:02:27 at St Jude Marathon on 12/05/09 at age 27
  • Other - 2:02:36 at McKay Hollow Half Trail Race on 03/21/09 at age 26
Ambassadorship

I regularly place in the top 10 at the races I run, both running events and triathlon. I am not a superstar but I am fairly consistent and am still improving my times at all distances. I enjoy training with groups and can run at any speed to accomadate the slower runners or people interested in starting. Based on preference and my location I buy all my running gear at Fleet Feet and enjoy the store atmosphere and the friendly employees. After being in Memphis for a short time I have seen how vastly different the running community is here. The Fleet Feet group in Huntsville really is a top notch group and I would love to continue to be a part of it.