Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Team: Linda Scavarda

Linda Scavarda
lscavard@bellsouth.net



Brief Biography

I was born in Waukegan, IL and we moved to Cullman, AL in October of 1992. My first official race was the Hershy Track meet in 5th grade. From there I played basketball from 7th grade to 10th grade and also attempted track in Middle school where I throw the shot put and discuss. One day I was asked by the high school coach to come out and run over the summer. I walked most of the 2 mile course, but continued to go back. I ran XC and Track all through high school and help set some records. I was 2nd at the XC state meet my senior year and 8th my junior year. I got a college scholarship to UAH for XC. Ran 4 years of XC and Track, set several personal records and was close to qualifying for the track nationals. For XC I helped the team to 2 Conference Championships and 2 trips to Nationals. I am now a grad student getting my Masters of Accountancy after getting my Bachlor's in 2006. Currently working as a General Ledger Accountant.

Short Term Goals

Currently my short term goal is to get back into shape and be healthy physically. I would really like to run sub 20 again this year.

Long Term Goals

Long term goals would be to eventually break 6 hours at Mt. Mist, run sub 19 again in a 5k, run a 100, and to do some crazy adventure running.

Personal Records
  • 5 km - 18:47 at Vanderbilt Invitational on 04/23/05 at age 21
  • 10 km - 38:25 at Alabama Relays on 03/19/05 at age 21
  • 15 km - 1:04:47 at Monte Sano 15k on 10/10/09 at age 25
  • 26.2 Mi - 3:35:49 at Rocket City Marathon on 12/12/09 at age 26
  • 50 km - 5:20:56 at Recoverer from the Holiday on 12/31/08 at age 25
Ambassadorship

Because it is not just about racing and trying to win, it is about getting out there, having fun, encouraging others, volunteering, and remembering that sometimes it is not about you but helping someone else accomplish a goal you have already accomplished.