Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Team: Lynn Curry

Lynn Curry
lynn.curry@att.net



Brief Biography

I started running competitively when I was 5 years old. My Dad was an avid runner, a member of a racing team out of Methuen, MA and it just came naturally to me. I grew up in NH- I was recruited to run from a number of schools and chose Boston College. I completed 4 years of Cross-Country, Indoor & Outdoor Track & Field. My events were the 5k and 10k with my PR for the 10 at 38:40 at Villanova. My PR for the 5K was 18:15. I went to Columbia University for my Masters Degree, married to an army aviator and we have settled here in Huntsville, AL. I received my BSN from UAH in May and currently employed as a nurse at Huntsville Hospital's Pediatric ER. I have been racing intermittently in both foreign (Dublin Marathon) and local races. Last year I did my first Triathalon and finished 3rd woman overall.My weakest event is the bike! I am a member of Crossfit Huntsville and I work out with them 3 days per week. I have 2 beautiful children; Conor and Chloe, ages 6 and 4. I have always enjoyed running and it has taken me on so many journeys in my life.

Short Term Goals

Ultimately, my goal is to become stronger. Since joining Crossfit Huntsville, I am able to do pull ups and my runs feel stronger. I want to gain strength and speed to complement the endurance I already have. Since having 2 children,a job, etc., I can't seem to break the 20 minute barrier- My goal is to break 20 minutes this year in the 5K and break 44 in the 10K. I plan to run the Nashville 1/2 marathon as well. I love triathalons, but my weakest event is the bike. I am decent in both the swim and the run- I want to be able to PR in the bike and work on the transitions.

Long Term Goals

To continue running and racing injury free for life!

Personal Records
  • 800m - 2:50:00 at Sanborn High School Invite on 05/01/92 at age 17
  • 1500m - 5:25 at Sanborn High School Invite on 05/01/92 at age 17
  • 5 km - 18:50 at Boston University Terrier Classic on 01/25/97 at age 22
  • 10 km - 39:40 at Villanova Track & Field Invitational on 04/01/96 at age 21
  • 26.2 Mi - 3:45:00 at Dublin Marathon on 04/01/00 at age 25
Ambassadorship

I LOVE running and have been doing it my entire life. Many of my friends are either runners or are now starting to become runners. I always send them to Fleet Feet and to the "treadmill" where they will be able to find custom-designed shoes that are just right for them. The care and quality of time the sales workers pay to each customer is quite motivating.There is also amazing opportunities for racing groups, clinics, and training programs. And an injury free novice will go far with running! I think there is also a well of runners out there in Huntsville and if Fleet Feet racing is discussed in circles, etc. it will get people excited about the sport!