Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Team: Lori Jandreau

Lori Jandreau
DietLoriRD@hotmail.com



Brief Biography

I am a Registered Dietitian, runner, cyclist, and triathlete. My love for endurance sports began 3 years ago when I began riding my bicycle to the beach and back (40mi) while living in Florida. I quickly went from casual riding to group rides and races. To improve my cycling, I wanted to cross train with some running. A friend suggested I try a 1/2 marathon, so I trained and ran a 2:10. That was my first competitive running event. Unimpressed with that time, I trained harder and did the same race a year later with a time of 1:45 and have continuted to improve since then. Cycling has now taken a backseat to running! I find that getting a 'runners high' is the best feeling ever and that running is a great way to maintain health/fitness and is a nice social outlet. Since I am pretty new to the sport, I don't have an extensive race history and have mainly raced 1/2 marathons. So far I have PRed on every single event I've commpeted in. This constant improving gives me motivation to continue racing! My nutrition background definitely helps with my training and desire to keep myself (and others) healthy.

Short Term Goals

To run a 1:30 (or less) 1/2 marathon, a 3:20 (or less) full marathon, and to start trail running.

Long Term Goals

To run larger races such as the Boston and NYC marathons. I would also love to run ultra distances. As far as time goals, I am striving towards being the top overall woman finisher at events, not just age group top.

Personal Records
  • 5 km - 20:49:00 at FAU Wellness Triathlon (5k not open) on 04/14/09 at age 24
  • 8 km - 10:02:00 at Turkey Day 8k on 09/26/09 at age 25
  • 13.1 Mi - 1:34:26 at HTC 1/2 Marathon on 09/14/09 at age 25
  • 26.2 Mi - 3:25:31 at Rocket City Marathon on 12/12/09 at age 25
Ambassadorship

I am an energetic, upbeat person! I'm also very involved in the health community and love attending health fairs/seminars. I have good morals and an optimistic outlook on life. Professionally and personally I practice what I preach and always enjoy helping others with their health/fitness goals. I also think it is important to show people that you don't have to have a high school or college racing history to be a good runner. I do frequently go to races outside the Huntsville area and therefore can show off the Fleet Feet name locally as well as in a larger geographic area.