Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Team: Lisa Rawlings

Lisa Rawlings
luvrunners@yahoo.com



Brief Biography

I was born and raised in a very large family in Western New York, on the shores of Lake Erie. Although I ran track in high school, I did not really acquire a true love for the sport until I was in my early twenties. After receiving my Bachelor's Degree at SUNY Buffalo, I attended graduate school at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York. While at Fordham, my love for running flourished, as I was able to fall in love with running through the enchanting Central Park. I ran my first marathon in New York City in 1998. In 2003, I met my husband and he convinced me to leave my life in New York City behind, so I packed my belongings and headed to Huntsville, Alabama. I have been a Catholic school teacher for the past ten years and currently teach at St. Bernard Preparatory School in Cullman, Alabama.

Short Term Goals

Achieve new PRs at all distances in 2010.

Long Term Goals

Run a stellar Boston Marathon in 2011.
Run a marathon in all 50 states.

Personal Records
  • 5 km - 20:51 at Liz Hurley 5km on 10/16/2010 at age 35
  • 10 km - 44:56 at 3M River City Run 10k on 4/10/10 at age 34
  • 13.1 Mi - 1:41:04 at Huntsville Half Marathon on 11/15/10 at age 34
  • 26.2 Mi - 3:37:11 at Spinx Run Fest Marathon in Greenville, SC on 10/30/10 at age 35  
Ambassadorship

I am a good ambassador for Fleet Feet because I know the store well and am informed about the products it offers to the running community. Also, my husband and I attend a wide range of running events this year and are faithful about our commitment be advocates of the sport. I am goal-driven and enthusiastically introduce family and friends to take advantage of the joys and health benefits of running.